Monday, January 24, 2011

Mass blindness

Is Aamir a fine actor? And what is with all the praises showered on Prateik? I haven't seen the movie Dhobi Ghat. I have just read the reviews. All the leading critics seem to be of the opinion that Prateik is a visual treat, another great performance after Jaane Tu?! I bet they were not talking about his acting. He was painful to watch in his debut movie. Am I alone wearing some gadget eye piece that is preventing me from enjoying class acting? Having grown up on a steady diet of good movies and great acting, I simply am stumped and stupefied at this unanimous verdict. I do not have a problem with the guy, he is the son of a legendary actress and with time and more movies he may grow into a decent one himself. But critics - please be kind and stop being so liberal in your praises.

Now let us come to the first question, Anupama Chopra in her review of Dhobi Ghat has written that - Aamir, otherwise a fine actor has not delivered in this movie. I have serious problem here. Aamir is a star and a very intelligent actor. But fine? I don't think so. I have not come across a single inspiring acting moment in any Aamir movie so far. I don't think he is a natural actor. I know a majority of people will not agree with this. However I will give him credit as a very sensitive director - Taare Zameen Par was an excellent movie in its category.

I had to pour this out. What relief.
Having dished out such harsh comments, let me make it clear- on watching the movie, if I feel Prateik has infact matured as an actor and deserves all what is being written and said about him, I will readily eat my words.

1 comment:

  1. I can help u here.Prateik has done better acting this time, Aamir as mostly (cant be always,his worse is 'Mela') has acted very well. Movie cant be compared with Tare jameen par, its not dat good...
    N please dont say anything against Aamir :P , if u compare wid other actors.. he has d variety in acting, looks n roles, he is 1 among d best.. ;)

    ReplyDelete