Friday, January 7, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...


Let's say I just won this year's Oscar for best blog. I'm standing on that stage holding the statue and am done with thanking almighty, kin, kith and his second cousin. Here is what I would say next (with a hint of a tear in my eye?). Thank you.. Thank you my audience, without you I'm nothing. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who visited, left a comment and clicked on an ad. Thanks Nair, assuming you did hit the button as many times as you told me about it. By the way I got second hand info today from a mature blogger - he told Vatsa and Vatsa told me - that you dont get to make any money unless people go crazy clicking.

Thank you colleagues - Sapna, Kavitha, Preeti, Sarbjit and Rohan for the comments. No thank you Harsha. Kiran, my most enthu reader. He actually reads the blog without me reminding him.
Thank you family - Achan, Amma - I eat more than the buns and bananas - you know me but I am confident I will reduce, Vyas, Rui - for the most wonderful comments. Aswathy Chechi - Thanks! You rock too.
My friends Paro and Divya - Thank you for the nice words and Divya Chechi for becoming a follower. I know I did ask you to become one. Nevetheless.
And Bjoern - for adding this link to your favorite list. I was touched.

Talking about awards, I am confident of winning one soon. Not just this year. Year after year.. The Lousiest Neighbour award.

Right after christmas, my next door neighbour, whose daughter and Rui are best friends, came over to present us with a cake. I just stood at the door as if the pizza guy is delivering pizza. Thankfully it ocurred to me to invite them in. As they stepped in Simi told me that this is the first time she has ever come into our house. And we have been neighbours for the past two and half years, neighbours like - if they sneeze in their house we say bless you in ours.
 
Last October, on the day of Diwali, another of our neighbours gave us some lovely sweets on a small plate. To this day I haven't returned it. I have been meaning to make something special and send it across as I just can't think of giving an empty plate in return. So today I am going to make prawns biriyani. Wish me all the best. I will let you know shortly if we are still on talking terms after they taste it. That would definitely ensure me the lifetime achievement award. I hope they are not allergic to seafood. Nah they are not vegetarians... Are they?!

11 comments:

  1. Kudos to your imagination Vidya..!(I hope you win one day and make us all proud) I am really
    concerned about your neighbours though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vidhya now I understand the meaning of your previous blog

    "If not now tomorrow day after
    A million memories rife
    Some happy some bitter
    I live for them, the cheap thrills of life."

    I understand that this blog exactly reflects the poem that you have written.

    After being a critic all 99% of the time, I will fail in my duty if I forget saying that I indeed enjoyed reading today's blog. Keep writing more such humour stuff.Good one. My pick of the lot of your blog history.
    -Srivatsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. JAN.. congrats..!!!!
    You did a wonderfull job..!!!

    BTW in the upcoming interviews in BBC/NDTV/TV9, Dont forget to mention few words about 'HOW DID THE ENTHU READER MOTIVATED U' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy oh boy....tats a long THANK U speech...i am sure half the audience wud have slept off...and the next award category nominees cursing u for taking such a long time on stage :)... BTW though I dont qualify as ur neighbour...but guess i am the 'lucky' colleague..who stays closest to your place...so in case something yummy gets prepared during ur kitchen experiements...do share it with us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last but not the least...good that u started discovering the existance of life around u..
    n i'm confident that u will be the winner of 'Lousiest Neighbour award'...
    if the liveliness around this life continues...As Nair says..Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, your writing style does captivates readers. Keep writing and keep rocking.

    Oh and yes, if you are still in good terms with your neighbors, please bring few plates of prawn biriyani and fish curry to office ;).

    ~Pravs

    ReplyDelete
  7. really enjoyed this one!! u write what ur heart speaks!! can feel that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very insightful comments ;)... check it out under Rui Rui Rui.

    I am glad that she is not old enough to read my blog. Especially the bun and bananas diet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vidya.. too good.. u write well..
    sridevi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too good vidya. I loved your imagination.
    and ofcourse I could not stop laughing at 'Lousiest Neighbour award' :P

    ReplyDelete