Monday, January 10, 2011

Lost in cinema


On principle I do not watch 2 types of movies 1. Horror  2. SciFi

1. Movies based on war 2. Senseless action flicks are something I watch only if I have no other option.
3. Animated movies - I have a mental block for them.

An exception to this would be the World War II movie - Black book. It's a Dutch movie. I happened to see it on TV the other day and had to completely rely on the subtitles. I would say it was worth the effort... The movie has its share of twists and turns but does not go overboard with them. Unlike most movies of this genre, it’s not (totally) tragic. It had a Tarantino kind of craziness about it at places. Also I must add not knowing anything about the director or any of the actors lent to the suspense.

Cinema I crave for?
Lost in translation defines a perfect movie for me. I am glad I got to see it. It felt equivalent to listening to a beautiful melody.




2 comments:

  1. ...simple topic ...simple and clear style of writing ..liked it and will be watching "Lost in translation" soon .. - bli :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should watch animation...missing out on some good movies....

    ReplyDelete