Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love is .. Couple - Bus story 2

If you have read bus story 1, you are familiar with my bus journeys.
There is a method to madness. People close to me know that I maintain very erratic timings. I am like the weather forecast - may or may not reach. Despite this I happen to sit in front of a guy and a girl in bus very often.  After I started driving, occasionally when I take the bus, I invariably find them behind me. Amazing.

And why did I single them out for my bus story 2. striking good looks? The truth is that I don't know how they look. I have never turned back to see what they look like. The bus is always very crowded and after a point I liked the idea of not knowing what they look like. So how do I know that they sit behind me? They are loud. And they fight all the time. I distinctly recollect her threatening to slap him once, if he utters one more word.

In the initial stages of my acquaintance with them, I found them annoying which later turned to amusing, then affection. Post bus days, I revisit their memories with a bit of nostalgia.

They both are from Kerala but born and brought up somewhere in North India. They speak in English mixed with Hindi. Work for IGate - 3 to 4 years of experience. He loves watching NDTV and National Geographic or so he claims. She has an opinion about everything under the sun and shoots down anything that he tries to say. He lets her. When she went gaga over Shah Rukh Khan, he looked down upon her with scorn and stated that if there is a man in independent India worthy of admiration it is none other than Shashi Tharoor ( this was of course pre - Shashi Tharoor saga of catastrophes) Once she re-lived scene by scene the movie The Pianist emphatically stating that she doesn’t want to spoil the experience whenever he decides to watch it.

She has been to London, official trip I guess. Departure day, a refugee drove her cab to airport. Then she went on to talk about her conversation with the driver. He talked about his family, shelters, never returning home.

Recently I chanced upon them again in bus. She asked him if some girl who boarded the bus has sexy legs (trust women to put men in a spot).  He played it safe - I don’t know I didn’t notice. To which she retorted - Are you saying this because you are married? And they fell into an argument.

I do hope they are married to each other. They did seem a perfect couple. And if they are not pray they never see this blog.

By the way I always picture them as the Love Is comic strip couple. The two of them, snuggling to each other in a crowded Volvo seat.


4 comments:

  1. :) u have captured my experience in volvo also to a certain extent.. Good one.. Ur blogs have variety vidya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, where is the entry for yesterday and today? Do blog daily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sapna :)
    Divya, I have taken a break cos I felt when I try to diligently write every day, the writing gets boring. But will add something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a nice one...
    this is too much publicity of the Volvo, they will surely make you their brand ambassador after reading this :)....

    ReplyDelete